April 26, 2016 23:37 by Dan
ASPHostPortal.com is a well-known Windows hosting company and even one of the most famous, though it is one of the oldest Windows hosting companies. Our packages have gone through major changes recently, and all of them goes for the goodness of every customers. Today, we launch ASP.NET Core 1.0 hosting with interested hosting packages.
3 months ago, the ASP.NET team announced during the weekly ASP.NET Community Standup was decided to rename ASP.NET 5 to ASP.NET Core 1.0. The whole “ASP.NET 5 MVC 6 Web API 2 sub-component version scheme was confusing. They’ve been working towards “One ASP.NET” now for years and they’re there. ASP.NET Core is versioned as 1.0 as it’s a near complete rewrite of ASP.NET with many new features and capabilities. It’s clearly a different product than ASP.NET 4.6.
.NET Core is a modular, streamlined subset of the .NET Framework and CLR. It is fully open-source and provides a common set of libraries that can be targeted across numerous platforms. Its factored approach allows applications to take dependencies only on those portions of the CoreFX that they use, and the smaller runtime is ideal for deployment to both small devices (though it doesn’t yet support some) as well as cloud-optimized environments that need to be able to run many small applications side-by-side. Support for targeting .NET Core is built into the ASP.NET 5 project templates that ship with Visual Studio 2015.
ASPHostPortal.com offers ASP.NET Core 1.0 Hosting with an interested hosting plan. We support this new technology with affordable price, a lot of ASP.NET features, 99.99% uptime guarantee, 24/7 support, and 30 days money back guarantee. We strive to make sure that all customers have the finest web-hosting experience as possible. To learn more about our ASP.NET Core 1.0 Hosting, please visit http://asphostportal.com/ASPNET-Core-1-0-Hosting
ASPHostPortal.com is The Best, Cheap and Recommended ASP.NET & Linux Hosting. ASPHostPortal.com has ability to support the latest Microsoft, ASP.NET, and Linux technology, such as: such as: WebMatrix, Web Deploy, Visual Studio, Latest ASP.NET Version, Latest ASP.NET MVC Version, Silverlight and Visual Studio Light Switch, Latest MySql version, Latest PHPMyAdmin, Support PHP, etc. Their service includes shared hosting, reseller hosting, and Sharepoint hosting, with speciality in ASP.NET, SQL Server, and Linux solutions. Protection, trustworthiness, and performance are at the core of hosting operations to make certain every website and software hosted is so secured and performs at the best possible level.
April 22, 2016 23:13 by Dan
Recently, a reader wrote in and asked what steps would be necessary to include a “Directions” link with each marker in the map so that, when clicked, the user would see the driving directions from the address they entered and the store of interest. I decided to update the ASP.NET MVC application to include this new feature request. Now, the results page shows a “Directions” link in both the grid of nearby stores and in the info window that pops up when you click a map marker. Clicking the “Directions” link opens a new browser window and loads Google Maps, showing the directions from the user-entered address to the selected store’s address.
To show the driving directions I send the user to the following URL: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=startingAddress&daddr=destinationAddress.
When the user is sent to the store locator page, the user-entered address (a/k/a, the starting address) is passed through the querystring via a field named Address, so we already know the starting address. But how do we get our hands on the destination address? Recall that view is passed a model that is a collection of NearbyStoreLocation objects; the NearbyStoreLocation class has properties like Address (the street address), City, Region, PostalCode, and so forth. We can build up the address by concatenating these various address parts.
Rather than requiring the view to build up the address, I added a new read-only property to the NearbyStoreLocation class named FormattedAddress, which returns an address Google Maps can parse by piecing together the address-related properties into a string.
public string FormattedAddress
var addrPieces = new List<string>(5);
return string.Join(", ", addrPieces.ToArray());
In the view, the link to the directions can be build like so:
<a target="_blank" href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=<%=Server.UrlEncode(Request.QueryString["Address"]) %>&daddr=<%=Server.UrlEncode(store.FormattedAddress) %>">Directions</a>
And that’s it! Adding the Directions link to the info popup window is a tad more involved because the quotation marks must be escaped using \”. Happy Programming!
Best ASP.NET 4.6 Hosting Recommendation
ASPHostPortal.com provides its customers with Plesk Panel, one of the most popular and stable control panels for Windows hosting, as free. You could also see the latest .NET framework, a crazy amount of functionality as well as Large disk space, bandwidth, MSSQL databases and more. All those give people the convenience to build up a powerful site in Windows server. ASPHostPortal.com offers ASP.NET hosting starts from $1/month only. They also guarantees 30 days money back and guarantee 99.9% uptime. If you need a reliable affordable ASP.NET Hosting, ASPHostPortal.com should be your best choice.
April 22, 2016 20:34 by Armend
Top 10 Tips You Shall Know on Choosing ASP.NET Hosting
Being devoted into ASP.NET development and ASP.NET website hosting for a couple of years, we know the secrets hidden in the ASP.NET hosting advertisement and how difficult to find a trusted and cost effective ASP.NET hosting provider. Thus, we would like to show you the top 10 tips on choosing ASP.NET hosting providers before starting with our topic.
- MS SQL Server database edition and limitation. The latest version of MSSQL 2012 are preferred.
- .NET Framework versions. Does it support the version used for your website?
- ASP.NET MVC versions. Does it support the version used for your website if you’re using ASP.NET MVC technology?
- Does it provide the dedicated application pool so that you won’t be affected by your neighbors?
- How long the IIS is set to recycle your website – usually 30 minutes at least is required.
- What’s the maximum dedicated memory allowed for the ASP.NET websites?
- The hosting provider needs to have the rich experiences and knowledge of how to ensure the high-quality ASP.NET hosting. Besides, it is great that they have got plenty of positive feedbacks from real customers and have been trusted and recommended by a lot of authorities, communities and hosting review sites.
- The ASP.NET hosting needs to ensure a high level of hosting reliability with at least 99.9% uptime. Note that this can be achieved with the utilization of cutting-edge data centers, solid server machines and no overselling practice. In addition, some confident web hosts even claim to give you some compensations if they fail to meet their promised uptime track record.
- The hosting speed is also pretty essential. After all, your readers can be frustrating if they find it takes a long time for accessing your website. In this case, you need to figure out that whether your web host can ensure the peak performance with no more than 3 seconds for page loading and 400 ms for the server response.
- The web host needs to ensure the all-time-rounded technical support to assist you 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Also, their support staffs need to have the rich knowledge about ASP.NET hosting and related applications.
General Knowledge about ASP.NET
ASP.NET is the server-side online application framework coming with the open source nature. It is designed with the purpose of web development and dynamic webpages production mainly. In addition, developed by Microsoft, ASP.NET has been used by a lot of programmers for the creation of complicated websites, online applications and add-on services.
In fact, ASP.NET has been released since January 2002, which is the successor to the Active Server Pages technology of Microsoft. As it is built based on the Common Language Runtime, developers and programmers can write the ASP.NET code with the help of .NET language.
April 12, 2016 19:31 by Armend
Why Server Speed is Important for Increasing Revenues
If your website loads slower and takes long to respond you are literally killing your sales and revenue with your own hands. Today, the key to more sales and conversion is the combination of effective content with faster loading speed of your website. The speed of your website is the time taken from a web page to become visible on the screen after it has been requested by the browser.
The latest surveys showed that loading speed of websites has a great impact on the traffic trends. The speed of the website has a great importance, a slow website could easily frustrate your potential customers forever.
A slow website reflects low revenue
Often the slower websites have high bounce rates with poor sales. A number of studies have proven that the average visitors will leave your website if it does not become accessible in 3 to 6 seconds. Slower website is not only a reason to decrease your sales but the frustrated visitors are likely to develop a negative perception about your business.
Does Speed of the website can increase the revenue?
Did you know the world popular brand Shopzilla generated 12% more revenue by simply improving the website speed from 6 seconds to 1.2 seconds?
It is no more a secret that google records the web page speed to determine the ranking of the website along with other organic ranking factors. You can check the speed of your pages by inspecting the Google webmaster tools.
According to latest calculated formula you can improve 2% of conversion rate by simply speeding up the website by every single second. Shopzilla , Amazon, Yahoo and Mozilla experienced a great boost in business by speeding up the loading speed of the web pages to less than 3 seconds.
Shopzilla increased 12% revenue along with 25% increased page views
Yahoo got a 9% increase in the traffic
Mozilla got 60 million more downloads by simply improving the web page speed to 2.2 seconds faster
How fast is fast enough for a web page?
The ideal loading time of a website is under 3 seconds. If your website becomes visible in 5 seconds it seems to be good. If it is under 10 seconds it is considered to be as fair. However if your website exceeds 10 seconds you are losing the ranking and conversion. The slower your website is the less sales you will have.
There are several performance metric tools available to report the performance of your website speed along with web page improvement suggestions. You can optimize the structure of your code to get faster responses. However you certainly need hosting power to execute your application quickly to load your website faster.
Choose fast dedicated server for faster website
The speed of a website mainly depends on the architecture of your web pages, databases and the speed of hosting servers. Going with the right kind of web hosting could make or break your website ranking. Shared hosting and dedicated hosting are two major types of hosting service available online. Shared service has a low price with low resources available. Shared hosting is designed to deliver small websites with low traffic. Dedicated hosting is an expensive option with more power and performance.
Businesses are adapting dedicated server technology for more speed and power. All sorts of critical online businesses can reap the benefit of fast powerful dedicated hosting. Server speed may be the issue if your website resides on one of the cheapest shared or vps hosting service holding hundreds of websites. Shared hosting can not offer you the true speed and reliability as its resources are shared by many websites hosted on the same computer. If you have a business website, mobile application or a professional service website, fast dedicated hosting can make a difference in search engine ranking.
Below are some great advantages of dedicated hosting for faster website.
- Your website will load faster
- The dedicated server is a powerful machine designed and configured to execute the processes in fastest manners. Dedicated hosting has more reliable infrastructure, bandwidth and resources as compared to any other type of hosting service. Dedicated hosting enables your website to execute faster and tremendously increase the loading speed of your website.
- Your website will be more secure
- Another great advantage of dedicated hosting is the safety of your business data. Usually hackers break into the websites by locating a poorly coded website hosted nearby on shared hosting environment. If you have hammer tested your code for common vulnerabilities you can easily lock down your server for better security and data safety.
- Your website will handle more traffic
- If you have a popular website or advertising your business you may experience sudden traffic spikes at certain times. Dedicated server enables you to tackle high load without going down. If you have optimized your code and server you are in a better position to handle your website traffic faster and smoothly.