April 30, 2014 05:58 by Ben
Designers need a solid foundation that gives us almost everything a typical website would require but is flexible enough for customization. Thanks to hundreds of hours spent by some developers and companies, we now have dozens of CSS Frameworks to choose from. Among all the available CSS frameworks out there, Bootstrap is my favorite and also one of the most widely used.
Bootstrap is the new technology that is integrated with the ASP.NET web project templates. It is builtin with the projects that provides responsive design and theming capabilities. Bootstrap is a sleek and powerful front-end framework for faster web development. The project templates based on bootstrap technology provides attractive themes for the web development. Bootstrap is front-end framework for easy and faster web development. This post explains how to use Bootstrap in ASP.NET applications and outlines some of the features of this framework. Create a new ASP.NET project in Visual Studio 2013 and execute it then you will see the look and feel of the page as below.
If you want to get the above look without using Bootstrap then you have to write lot of custom CSS. Now all ASP.NET default templates like MVC, Web forms, Single Page applications and Web API are using Bootstrap framework. Bootstrap version 3 is integrated in Visual Studio 2013. The above screen scales well on different devices. If you look at the CSS code to achieve is very few lines as shown below
In order to get the Bootstrap into your project, go to Manage NuGet packages window and type Bootstrap in search box then you will find the package
Another integration feature for Bootstrap is Bootswatch, which helps you to theme your site. To apply theme to your site go to Bootswatch site and choose the theme which you like and download and copy the CSS and overwrite the Bootstrap.css in your project. After applying one of the sample free theme then the site looks as below, In matter of seconds you can quickly change the theme of your site.
Another key feature of Bootstrap is dealing with the images, it makes the image experience as responsive without writing any code! just use the class name img-responsive.
It adds the responsive behaviour to the image and it make sure to render nicely in your site.
Reasons to trust your ASP.NET website to us
- Server and performance - We're proud to host all of our sites in Amsterdams, USA and Singapore. We use special server technology on our web servers to offer the fastest loading time for your websites. Stable, Secure and Reliable ASP.NET hosting service.
- 24/7-based Support - We never fall asleep and we run a service that is operating 24/7 a year. Even everyone is on holiday during Easter or Christmas/New Year, we are always behind our desk serving our customers.
- Excellent Uptime Rate - Our key strength in delivering the service to you is to maintain our server uptime rate. We never ever happy to see your site goes down and we truly understand that it will hurt your onlines business. If your service is down, it will certainly become our pain and we will certainly look for the right pill to kill the pain ASAP.
- High Performance and Reliable Server - We never ever overload our server with tons of clients. We always load balance our server to make sure we can deliver an excellent service, coupling with the high performance and reliable server.
- Experts in ASP.NET Hosting - Given the scale of our environment, we have recruited and developed some of the best talent in the hosting technology that you are using. Our team is strong because of the experience and talents of the individuals who make up ASPHostPortal.com.
- Daily Backup Service - We realise that your website is very important to your business and hence, we never ever forget to create a daily backup. Your database and website are backup every night into a permanent remote tape drive to ensure that they are always safe and secure. The backup is always ready and available anytime you need it.
ASPHostPortal.com is a hosting company that best support in Windows and ASP.NET-based hosting. Services include shared hosting, reseller hosting, and sharepoint hosting, with specialty in ASP.NET, SQL Server, and architecting highly scalable solutions. As a leading small to mid-sized business web hosting provider, ASPHostPortal.com strive to offer the most technologically advanced hosting solutions available to all customers across the world. Security, reliability, and performance are at the core of hosting operations to ensure each site and/or application hosted is highly secured and performs at optimum level.