October 21, 2016 12:11 by Dan
According to ASP.NET Corner blog, Some time we need to restart the IIS to certain configuration changes take effect in the IIS server. There are different methods available to reset or restart the IIS. The below example will help you to restart IIS in command line.
How to restart IIS in command line:
From the Start menu, click Run and type iisreset . This is the simplest method to restart the IIS. The below list will help you to do other works in IIS.
To restart IIS using the IIS Restart command-line utility
1. From the Start menu, click Run.
2. In the Open box, type cmd, and click OK.
3. At the command prompt, type iisreset , and press ENTER.
The below examples for other way of managing IIS
• iisreset /stop – Stop the IIS services
• iisreset /start – Start the IIS services
• IISreset /restart - Stop and then restart all Internet services.
• iisreset /status - will show the current status of IIS
• iisreset /noforce - will prevent the server from forcing close applications and process. This can cause IIS to reset slower but is more graceful.
• iisreset /disable - this command disables IIS and prevents all iisreset calls from executing
• iisreset /enable - to re-enable the IIS Admin service
• iisreset /REBOOT - Reboot the computer.
• iisreset /REBOOTONERROR - Reboot the computer if an error occurs when starting, stopping, or restarting Internet services.
• iisreset /NOFORCE - Do not forcefully terminate Internet services if attempting to stop them gracefully fails.
Best ASP.NET Hosting Recommendation
ASPHostPortal.com provides its customers with Plesk Panel, one of the most popular and stable control panels for Windows hosting, as free. You could also see the latest .NET framework, a crazy amount of functionality as well as Large disk space, bandwidth, MSSQL databases and more. All those give people the convenience to build up a powerful site in Windows server. ASPHostPortal.com offers ASP.NET hosting starts from $1/month only. They also guarantees 30 days money back and guarantee 99.9% uptime. If you need a reliable affordable ASP.NET Hosting, ASPHostPortal.com should be your best choice.